Monday, July 12, 2010

Crispy Apple Monday.

I always forget how much I enjoy cooking...Heather and I decided last week that we should get together and cook dinner at her adorable apartment after an evening spent jabbering about food and favorite recipes. So enter today...I found a sweet sounding recipe (Pineapple-Ginger Rice with Edamame) and that was that. Walked from her place to publix, had a fun time trying to find Miso (not the soup) and ended up having employees on a store wide search, only to come up empty handed. Pineapple was wayy too much money, so mango was the new fruit and without a grater fresh ginger went with it. In the end our meal became Ginger(powder) Jasmine Rice with Edamame and Mango but oh my gosh...so glad we changed everything up. It was sooo freaking good! I got to teach Heather how to cook chicken and make an apple crisp. It was just an amazing night with good friends and good food! For the first time, in a long time I felt like I was back to my old self. I love the feeling of making something good for other people to enjoy. It made me miss my home back in Georgia but also reminded me of how much I have to look forward too! I can't wait to be back home cooking dinner with Caleb all the time! We are such a good team in the kitchen...Really. We both love to cook and had no idea how much until we got married and started making meals together almost everynight. It's like our way of spending time just us at the end of the day. Everything can be super crazy all day but at the end of it all we get out our knives and veggies and chill. I'm so excited for October, its starting to build up...and soon will be uncontrollable excitement!
Now, Fashion Week!
Dress/Shirt- Johnny Cupcakes(alterations by me)
Shorts- American Eagle(")
"F*** Shoes!"

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Haha! Eff shoes indeed. I really like your hairdo. Is it a headband?

Chelsea said...

that top is super cute!

Emery Jo said...

so goregeous and natural!

Molly Page said...

Beautiful self portrait. You are so pretty! Love the print of your shirt too.