Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Not-Turkey Day!


Being a vegantarian (and yes I did combine vegan and vegetarian) I don't do turkey. And since I eat "weird stuff" I got to make all of the vegetable dishes for my husband's family Thanksgiving. I don't mind though, I got to make vegan versions of normal food (like Green Bean Casserole)! Yey for vegan food! I also made a delicious vegan Apple Spice Cake with Maple Buttercream for dessert, which was a huge hit.
Enough of food though. Today has been great. I am so glad to be able to spend it with Caleb, last year I was pregnant and Caleb was in Iraq but this year is perfect. It's Shiloh's first Thanksgiving out in the world! He didn't eat turkey, in case you were wondering. He is almost 8 months, I can't believe it! He is crawling and eats "normal" food. He recently started feeding himself too. Everytime I see him do it, I am so amazed. I have the best family ever!

 This one would have  been perfect except that Shiloh and I are both blinking. Opps.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you spend today with someone you love and don't forget to tell them!

No comments: