Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Beginning. Again.

Shiloh Edward Perry DeArmas
March 31, 2010
12:50am
7lbs. 13oz
21 3/4in.

So its official, Caleb and I are parents! We welcomed Shiloh into the world with both of our families in Orlando, Fl. Caleb was able to spend the first week of our boy's life with him before having to leave to go back to Iraq. Which was more than I could have hoped for, I was worried that he would either have missed the birth or Shiloh wouldn't "come out" when he was supposed and Caleb would miss the whole thing and the baby. Thankfully, neither of those happened, we were able to spend a little over a week just the two of us. I was able to have Caleb by my side during Shiloh's birth and then for the week that followed I had someone else to do "diaper duty" at night. Sadly though, Caleb did have to leave and both of us miss him, I imagine that I miss him more though. So Caleb, please hurry home as safely as possible. (Maybe not too safe though...then you can be home sooner!)
For anyone who reads this, (other than Caleb) I am basically turning this blog into one long, multi-part letter/journal to Caleb. You're more than welcome to peek into our lives, I hope you do!
Cali


Our First Family Picture!

Mommy and Shiloh
I just want to add that this picture was taken as I was holding him for the first time. I don't think I will ever have this look on my face again.

No comments: